Not every boss is a good leader. We’ve all had a bad boss at some point in our careers, the kind that makes us to dread going to work each morning. But, what makes that person a bad boss? How can a bad boss transform into a great boss with some leadership tips?
In Michelle Maynard’s article, “10 Leadership Tips From America’s Corner Deli Guy,” she explains how one man, Ari Weinzweig, earned his success and created a $40 million dollar restaurant empire through his entrepreneurial skills and leadership techniques. Weinzweig believes that staying true to values such as being considerate, humble, and positive can have your employees believing in you and feeling appreciated. His success has allowed him to publish books and offers seminars to help create better leaders and business owners. With a little work and applying the simple recommendations in Weinzweig’s list of leadership tips, you can transform yourself into a great leader.
Here is an excerpt from the article.
The A to V List.
A stands for “the stuff we all aspire to,” Weinzweig says. V stands for “victim” or as he puts it, “the things that ineffective leaders do that create a culture in which victims rule.”
- A-list: Be considerate. V-list: Be rude.
- A-list: Be consistent. V-list: Be all over the place.
- A-list: Be reasonable. V-list: Be arbitrary.
- A-list: Good energy. V-list: Bring bad energy to work.
- A-list: Be humble. V-list: Hog the credit.
- A-list: Take responsibility. V-list: Act like you didn’t know.
- A-list: Show your belief in those around you. V-list: Constantly criticize.
- A-list: Follow through. V-list: Drop the ball regularly.
- A-list: Listen well. V-list: Tune out.
- A-list: Be real. V-list: Fake it