It’s important that your website design has cross-browser compatibility on multiple browsers to ensure a positive, user-friendly experience.
People use hundreds of unique web browsers to access online content. Safari, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Firefox tend to be the most popular web browsers. Users that can’t view your website properly because it lacks cross-browser compatibility, will exit your website immediately – otherwise known as a bounce. A high bounce rate can hurt your SEO ranking in organic search results.
It is nearly impossible to download each browser type and cross check your website’s compatibility. However, there is software available that can easily test your website’s performance by replicating different web browsers.
Grace Smith provides a list of free and paid subscription based cloud platforms and desktop applications in her article, “13 Essential Tools to Check Cross-Browser Compatibility.”
- Ghostlab | $49
- BrowserStack | $39 – $399 per month
- Sauce Labs | $12 – $149 per month
- CrossBrowserTesting | $29.95 – $199.95 per month
- Browsershots | Free – $29.95 per month
- Browserling | Free – $250 per month
- Browsera | Free – $99 per month
- Mogotest | $99 – $499 per month
- IE NetRenderer | Free
- Litmus | $79 – $399 per month
- BrowseEmAll | $69 – $349 per license
- TestingBot | $40 – $250 per month
- Spoon | Free – $99 per month