We’ve all seen contests on social media, but what do successful Facebook contests look like?
We’ve been offered a chance to win a free game console or an iPad just for liking a brand on Facebook. Do they really work? Is there a catch? If you’re considering running a contest of your own, it’s important to know the formula for running successful Facebook contests.
Some contests are more successful than others. In the recent article “9 Tips for Running Successful Facebook Contests”, author Jim Belosic suggests that businesses must have the “right fundamentals” for Facebook contests to succeed. Administering a contest may not be as simple as it seems. Every contest needs to have a goal and the right target market. In other words, the prize must be appropriate for the fan base. But contests do work… and they can increase page likes and the bottom line.
9 Best Practices That Will Make Your Facebook Contest a Success
- Determine Whether You Really Need a Contest
- Decide Which Type of Facebook Contest Will Help You Reach Your Goals
- Familiarize Yourself With Facebook’s Policies and Guidelines
- Choose a Third-Party App to Run the Contest
- Pick a Relevant Prize
- Keep it Simple
- Tell the World About Your Contest
- Consider Facebook Ads
- Finally: Don’t Forget to Follow Up!