When you think about it, your email marketing efforts aren’t that different from your traditional sales approach.
If you can speak to a buyer in his or her language, pick up on their cues, and respond appropriately, you are engaging in an effective sales process through email marketing.
We recently received some advice on this topic we think is worth sharing, from an article by Jon Miller, VP Marketing for Marketo.
- Mix up campaign styles and methods.
- Segment based on behavioral data. Jupiter Research claims this can increase conversions by 350 percent.
- Think of email as a real “message.” See how it resonates with your audience and respond accordingly.
- Use “check-in” emails to build relationships. Ask your customers what they like and don’t like about your communication or offers.
- Measure more than click-through rates.
- Automate. Spend more time on creative and strategy and less on the technical aspects of getting your email out there.