Adopting strategies to improve your backlink index is crucial to search engine optimization (SEO) because Google’s algorithms place high values on the number and quality of backlinks you’ve received when ranking your website for search results.
Researching backlinks to track how many your site is earning can be tricky, but Moz’s Link Explorer has undergone testing to make sure it is the most reliable service to help improve your backlink index and ranking with backlink research. Moz Principle Search Scientist Russ Jones explains how Moz Link Explorer metrics to prove that the majority of their service’s size, speed, and quality categories far outweigh the competition to improve backlink index.
To build their case, Moz first compiled a non-biased list of 10,000 random URLs from the Quantcast Top Million. Once they had their completed list of URLs, researchers quantified their results and compared them against their competitors..
Moz outperformed their competitors in six out of nine categories, putting them four categories ahead of the runner up. The final results indicate that Moz’s Link Explorer is the best platform to help improve your backlink index because this service is most likely to have:
- More randomly selected URLs in their index vs. competitors
- More randomly selected domains in their index vs. competitors
- The highest root linking domains per URL
- The highest linking Root Domains per domain
- Random domains that share the same index status in Google and a link index
- Random URLs that share the same index status in Google as in a link index
View a complete breakdown of the research process and results, then take Moz Link Explorer for a spin to help improve your backlink index.