Quick Response (QR) codes are two-dimensional barcodes that can be used as a shortcut to open a link, display text, or save a contact in your address book. But how do you create a Google QR code?
Displaying QR codes on your marketing materials will help drive traffic to your website. To use a Google QR code, install the appropriate QR code reader app on your Smartphone. Simply scan the QR code and the embedded link will pop up on your screen. Marketers can optimize their QR codes with a Google conversion script to track the success of individual marketing pieces.
Follow these simple steps to create a Google QR code for your next campaign.
- Create a Google account if you don’t have one already
- Visit Goo.gl and paste the website landing page link
- Click ‘Shorten URL’
- Click on ‘Details’ (to the right)
- Your Google QR code will appear.
- Double click on the QR code to see the full size version that you can save
- Use your QR code on all online and offline marketing deliverables
- View your campaign metrics in Google Analytics